Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

Sorry

Wow... I can't believe I let this blog die.

I remember when I first started my blog, I was scoping out other health/fitness feeds and came across a fair few that had been abandoned. Immediately I assumed that the authors had just thrown their dumbbells to one side with an almighty "fuck it" and decided to drown themselves in pile of Ben and Jerry's and Doritos instead.

So I will forgive you, dear reader, for thinking that the same fate had become of me. Let's be honest, I freaking LOVE B&Js.

I'm pleased to report however, that it has not. I'm still running (kind of), swimming, lifting weights and being sensible about what I eat (although not immune to the odd Dorito binge - everything in moderation and all that).

So why did I lose momentum? Well, the previous few posts should probably give you a clue:

And yes - I am STILL co-ordinating with my toenails!

That freaking ankle.

It has been around five months, and it still hasn't fixed itself yet. I guffed it, and I guffed it good.

So there were several reasons why I couldn't bring myself to write on the blog:
  • I was feeling pretty miserable at times, and who the hell would want to read my emo whiny shit about a twingy ankle when there are people out there much worse off than me?
  • This injury has just gone to confirm that I am indeed an idiot. I have so much more to learn about sport and fitness, so why should I go preaching to anyone else about it when I know naff all?
  • And... er... laziness.
I have even abandoned my wonderful Twitter account... the account that showed so much promise (a retweet from Ellen Degeneres? Hello!). But, the other night I decided to idly browse my feed, and I came across this tweet from one of my heroes, Linford Christie:
I decided to take those words to heart. I am not perfect "lion", I get that. But I love what I do and try to do it with gusto. And this blog has become a part of that. So, I am going to revive this "dog".

Here goes!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, it's good to have you back - looking forward to more new posts! I love the blog design too

    Alice x | rococ0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete