Pages

Monday 25 February 2013

Exercise Sites That I am Loving Right Now

Hey everyone!

So I'm nearly through with No Run February, and even though my ankle is feeling better (I think), it's still not 100%. So, I reckon I am going to keep off my running shoes for a little while yet.

I've got an appointment at an orthopaedic assessment clinic in a couple of weeks (which is lightning speed for the NHS in my opinion), so in the meantime I am going to keep going with my strength and pilates. To be honest with you, I have found that it has been plenty to keep me ticking over for now.

The internet has been a huge factor in the reshaping of my exercise routine, so I want to share with you the two sites that I have fallen in LOVE with over the past month. Without these, I am pretty sure I would be crawling up the walls with run-less mentalness. Both of them have a comprehensive library of exercise programs, from beginner to advanced, so no matter what level you're at, I reckon you should give them both a try:

Blogilates: Pop Pilates with Cassie Ho

This came as a recommendation from a girl at work. When I told her about my initial dabble in pilates, she told me to try this site out for a bit more of a challenge.

Boy, was she right. Cassie, the pilates extraordinaire, is MENTAL (but in a good way)! Her challenges are grade A rock solid. Now, I like to think I have resolve of steel, but I have (shamefully) had to throw in the towel a couple of times. This challenge had me a quivering mess by the end:


But don't let that scare you off, there are plenty of beginner pilates workouts too if you want to ease your way into it ;)

Do Yoga With Me


Yoga is a great way to get some stretching in, and I really enjoy it, but I HATE yoga classes. I can't stand them. I have the flexibility of a steel rod, and wouldn't want to subject any yoga instructor to such a hopeless case. No, seriously. I studied yoga for six months in India and by the end I STILL couldn't squeeze myself into the lotus position.

At least if I do it in the comfort of my own home, the only one who can get frustrated by my lack of progress is me. Hence why I love this site. There is a huge variety of practices, focusing on all the body parts you can imagine, ranging from 15 minutes to over an hour and a half. So there is bound to be something to suit you.

My favourite at the moment is the Bend and Stretch. Melissa the instructor has an excellent manner, and I feel so relaxed by the end.  Doing it first thing in the morning makes for a great start to the day, and it's a really enjoyable way to make sure I am all stretched out :)

What workout sites do you swear by? I'd love to discover more, so please share them with me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment