Pages

Thursday 9 February 2012

Running with the lurgie

So I have the lurgie.

It's not a bad case of the lurgie, but to be honest that doesn't make matters any better. Each and every time I get the cold, a war starts in my head. A 'cold war', if you will. (Heh heh heh)

One side of myself (mostly the side that's influenced by my parents) shouts 'take it easy!', take a day off!', 'better to take a day off now than a week later!'

The other side, however (the side influenced by superheroes and that scary wifey off The Biggest Loser) tells myself to get out there and suck it up.

So what am I supposed to do?

The problem is, every time I ask my dear mentor Google what I should do, the answer is always the same: if your symptoms are above the neck, moderate exercise should be fine.

Above the neck, okay, got it.

Wait. I only have a sore throat - that's IN the neck. Does that count as above or below the neck? I'm confused. They really should make that clearer.

Still, despite my constant humming and ho-ing I decided to go out for a cheeky wee 30 minute run this morning.  I always feel nervous when I come back from a 'snotty run', because it really could go either way - you can either feel miles better or you can pull the infection down into your chest and make things a whole lot worse.
However, it's been about 6 hours and so far, I'm feeling a great deal better. Foof.

Anyway, swimming tonight. I'm hardly a sprinter yet on that front, so expecting the gentle exercise to help even more. If we could just have a little less fire alarm this time, that would be great.

Deal? Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment