Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Back in the saddle! Also, swimming.

So the Worst Week of My Life So Far officially ended on Monday, when I returned to my lovely comforting flat and I was able to regain control again of my eating habits.

Well, I say "regain" control: technically I never lost it, but I'm sorry to say that I kind of used external circumstances as an excuse to eat whatever the hell I wanted (i.e. chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate).

I tried to do as much exercise as I could, but what with having zero equipment I was kind of restricted with what I could do. I was able to do squats, lunges and crunches in my pants (nice mental image for you there) but because I had no weights my upper body was pretty much neglected.

So, you can understand my apprehension about getting on the scales again.

I lost 1 lb - which at surface value may look good, but I think it means is that I've lost some muscle mass - which is fair enough considering I hadn't done any strength training on my upper body for nine days.

Even though it's now Thursday, I've still to have a strength training session. I had a sore throat at the beginning of the week, so I've been easing myself back into my fitness regime gently lest it get any worse.

Luckily, it hasn't, so I'm definitely going to have a session tomorrow, maybe with lighter weights but more reps.

But I am really excited for tonight, because I am going SWIMMING!

I think I mentioned briefly before, but I have signed up to swimming lessons and my first is tonight.

I can't swim. Well, I can get from one end of the pool to the other without drowning by waving my limbs randomly, but I don't think that counts.

I had to get a swimming costume for the first time in about 7 years, and to say I had a bit of trouble would be an understatement. I normally go to Sports Direct for my sportswear, and I managed to spot a cheap swimming costume in the sale for only £4 on their website. Ideal. So I ordered a size 10 and waited for it to arrive.

Except when I got it, I realised I hadn't ordered a size 10. I had got an AGE 10. Fail.

So attempt 1 was sent back and I ordered it again, this time triple checking I got a WOMEN'S SIZE 10, and waited for it to arrive.

Except when I got it, I realised they had sent me a size 16 instead. Cheeky beggars.

So I eventually gave up with the website and went to their shop instead. Luckily, they had my size in stock and it fitted perfectly. It was a little more expensive in store, but at £7.99 it was still a bargain.



Nifty, eh? I must have got one of the last ones, because they're no longer showing on the website. What can I say, you snooze you lose!

I'll report back about my swimming adventures later! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment