Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

The Lurgie: Part 2

So I got the lurgie. Again.

And this lurgie kicked the last lurgie's ass.

So my training has been ravaged AGAIN. I went out today, but I decided to take it easy and do a 10k run as opposed to the 20k I had been planning (HA! I never thought I'd use the phrases "take it easy" and "10k run" in the same sentence!).

So that means I'm officially into the tapering of my training before my BIG RACE on the 4th March. Eeeek!

Oh yeah. I don't think I have mentioned it yet, which is odd considering it's pretty much all I think about at the mo.

So here's the lowdown:

Once I reached my goal weight, I felt I had to have another goal to work towards so not to lose momentum. The natural step, in my opinion, was to sign up to a race.

So I did.

A half marathon. Eeek!

Wait, it gets worse.

It's in PARIS.

Well, I had fancied going away somewhere nice so I thought, why not kill two birds with one stone? Apparently running is a great way so see a city, so on the 4th of March I will be running 21.1k (13.1 miles) through the most romantic city in the world.

What can I say, I don't like to do things by halves!

I just hope that this enforced early tapering off in my training won't hamper my performance on the day.

But hey, it's my first race. If I manage to get across the finish line, I'll be happy, no matter what my time is.

Did I mention it's in PARIS?!


No comments:

Post a Comment