Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

So I lasted 11 days...

11 days since my last half marathon, and I've signed up for another. 

However, unlike the last one, this race will be on my home turf: Edinburgh. 

I will be running Rock n Roll Edinburgh, which is in just over a month's time. What attracted me to it was the fact that it seems to be a cross between a race and a music festival, with rock bands playing at regular intervals along the route. It's also aimed at the more recreational runner, which I like. It definitely looks like it will be a good laugh.

It's not too far away, so I'm just going to keep my training at the same level and hopefully I'll be able to maintain most of the momentum I gained from training for Paris. 

I might squeeze in some speed training too, but to be honest I'll be very surprised if I beat my French time: first of all, the Edinburgh terrain is a lot more challenging and secondly, I was hyper as hell in Paris. But I dunno, we'll see. 

Plus, it gives me more reason to eat pizza, er, I mean, carbo-load. And we all know how I can't get enough of that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment