Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Booiaka

So I was given the chance to try out a new style of dance workout at the weekend - Booiaka.

While I have been going to Zumba for a good few months now, I was quite keen to try out something a bit different.

Unlike Zumba, which is full of salsa and "up high" movements, Booiaka is more of an urban, R'n'B style that moves your lower body. Think sexy bum grinds and you get the idea.

In fact, I'm rubbish at describing it. Here's a video so you can see for yourself -


The class was fun, although it was a bit slower paced than Zumba, so I'm not sure if I got the same calorie burn out of it. I really should have taken my heart rate monitor to determine for sure. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 right?

The format is different to Zumba in the respect that you only learn the one routine in one session, whereas in Zumba you just bounce your way through several. It's good in the way that you can properly get stuck into the movements, but as you're doing the same dance moves over and over again, it can get a bit repetitive.

But I must admit I prefer the style of Booiaka - I enjoy wobbling my bum around and the music is a lot cooler than some of the Zumba pieces!

So will I go again? Definitely. Not sure if it has the same addictive quality as Zumba but it certainly has a lot of potential. Plus, I'll be able to showcase my newly acquired bum grinding moves next time I hit the dancefloor!

They're bound to be hot. Especially when I've had a drink in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment