Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Alibi

As a girl in my mid-twenties, I love to party. Don't get me wrong, I am not out EVERY weekend getting sloshed, but when the mood takes me, I can certainly get going with the best of them. The only problem is, I really get punished for my sins the next day. 

Even when I was a teenager, my hangovers were awful. I wouldn't be able to leave my bed, and when I did it would just be to go to the toilet to throw up. Unfortunately, it's only got worse as I have gotten older, and now even a couple of glasses of wine is enough to give me a fuzzy head the next morning. 

So I suppose Alibi was made for people like me. According to its website, Alibi is "the world's first PRETOX drink... [it] has been developed to prepare your body to recieve and process toxins quickly and efficiently."

I have seen it around for a while, but my default setting on all things ending in "-tox" is "cynical", so I never really felt tempted to give it ago. It wasn't until I saw it on offer in Holland and Barrett last week that I decided it might be worth a punt. 



I had a flat party last night, so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to give this stuff a test run. I had the pomegranate flavour, which was sweet, light and refreshing. It was so tasty in fact, I would probably just have it as a regular drink. At 99 kcals, it's not exactly saintly, but it could certainly be worse. I chugged it down before I left the flat, and then just carried on with my night as normal.

The results? Well I had a pretty heavy night (as was to be expected), but I made sure to do what I usually do and break up the alcohol with some soft drinks throughout the night, and chugged down lots of water before I went to bed to prevent excess dehydration, which I know even on its own helps massively.

I woke up this morning with the expected fuzzy head, but it wasn't nearly as bad as what I was expecting. You could have been forgiven for thinking that I had only gone out for a couple, and I hadn't stayed out the entire night tanking vodka jellies, downing jagerbombs and dancing to godawful R'n'B (which I DID NOT do.... obviously...).

So, even though I have been quite cynical in the past, I must say that I will definitely be using Alibi again! I know that it's hardly a replacement for not partying hard in the first place, but life is for living! And a girl's got to have some fun, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment