Pages

Sunday 29 April 2012

Nipping it in the bud

So I'm eating to a deficit again. In other words, I'm trying to lose weight.

There are two main reasons for this.

Firstly, my "I can eat anything I want, I just ran a half marathon" mentality has caught up with me, and I have gained 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg). Okay, I know it doesn't sound much, but I would much rather cut down for a couple of weeks to lose a lb or two than go for months on end trying to lose a good few stone. So, I'm nipping it in the bud.

Secondly, I have a beach holiday coming up. A PROPER beach holiday, with sand and sunshine and everything.

So, I have bought myself *deep breath*... a bikini.

I haven't worn a bikini in four years.

Needless to say, I am feeling a little apprehensive about the whole thing. So, if cutting down my calorie intake and ramping up my exercise regime for a couple of weeks is going to give my confidence a boost, I see no harm in it. Besides, I'm probably going to put all the weight right back on with all that scrummy holiday food! :p

Things are going well so far. I've been running a deficit of 500 kcals a day and combining it with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (review to come). After seven days, I have lost 2 lbs (nearly a kilo), although some of that is probably water weight, because a 500 kcal deficit is only supposed to lead to a 1 lb per week loss.

Still, if I continue like this, I am well on track on getting back to my ideal weight before I jet off.

Happy days! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment