Pages

Friday 13 April 2012

6 Treats Under 100 Calories

When I was losing weight, nothing gave me greater joy than discovering a food that was tasty but didn't  have a lot of calories. Especially if it consisted of chocolate :)

Now, I know that there are a few "all or nothing" merchants out there, and if that works for you, then great. But I need my treats, however small, to keep me sane. If you deny yourself, then there's a strong possibility that one day you're going to fall off the wagon. Hard.

So here is a list of things that are really yummy, and under 100 calories. I've tried to stay away from fruit, health foods, "light" stuff and such, because these are generally marketed as "diet" food and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that most of these are under 100 kcals. No, I'm talking about the "hidden gems" that you might not necessarily realise are actually quite low in calories.

Now, these are proper treats, so they don't pack a very strong nutritional punch, and can be relatively quite high in fat and/or sugar, so you can certainly "spend" your allowance on healthier food. But will they sabotage your weight loss plan? Probably not.

1. Iced Gems (25g) - 98 kcals

Fat: 0.8g
Saturated Fat: 0.3g


Via


2. Solero - 90 kcals

Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 1g

Via.

3. Cadbury Animals (22g) - 95 kcals

Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 2g

Via


4. Twister - 85kcals

Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 2g

Via



5. Haribo Starmix Mini Bag (20g) - 69 kcals

Fat: 0.04g
Saturated Fat: 0.02g


Via





6. Smarties Fun Size Box - 67 kcals

Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 2g

Via

These are just some starters for you, but I'm always on the lookout for more goodies! So if you know of any others, then please tell me about them in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of the animal biscuits before! Bought a multipack on my way home for treaty goodness :)

    ReplyDelete